PDA

View Full Version : CA95 Drive Chain

bsanorton
12-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Smithers, do you know the part # for the drive chain & how many links are in it?

Smithers
12-21-2008, 10:06 PM
WOW I just went on Ebay. You can pick a brand new D.I.D chain up for $30. Pretty decent price to me. People throw all sorts of different sprocket sizes on these bikes. I would buy a longer chain if I had a choice and just break off the links you don't need. I'm too lazy to look around for a part #. I would just order a chain off Ebay or ask my buddy who owns his local shop to order me one. I just picked up a CL70 and it needs a chain BAD. That's one of the first things I'll be doing. Hell, I'll put up a thread about the process when I get to it. Of course here Christmas is here and it might be a week till I get around to it.

I JUST started a new thread for the CL70 Scrambler (http://www.fourwheelforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30) and here is where I'll go about installing the new chain w/pics and all that fun stuff. The Benly 150 and CA160 I have laying around all have good chains but I'll check them again to see if they could use a new one or not. I'll count my links and let you know just for reference though.

Smithers
12-28-2008, 10:52 PM
In the spirit of this thread about chains I just put in some time today working on the chain for the CL70. I didn't bother buying a new one yet and today when I was playing around with the bike I sprayed a bunch of lubricant/solvent on the chain to hopefully loosen it up. I JUST got it running yesterday but I didn't ride it as the clutch was frozen up and wouldn't work at all.

So today I was able to get the clutch working this morning and I proceeded to ride it down the road a little and the chain was making all sorts of noise. It was obvious that it wasn't loosening up nearly as much as I would have hoped. Before I put any lube on it the thing was super tight without any slack. After I rode it up and down the street it was a little more loose but still not right. I then took the chain off and went to work on it and now it is back to normal operational status.

This is the CL70 chain I know but it got me hyped up on the subject. My CA160 in the garage has a chain guard keeping it hidden but when I got over to play with the Benly 150 I'll make sure and check the number on that chain and count the links.

More to come.