PDA

View Full Version : Followed me home...

Larzfromarz
10-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Recently I just got my Ca160 overhaul done and so far are very happy. So happy decided to celebrate and go look at a "Motorcycle in a box" from Craigslist. Sure enough $150 later I come home with a 1969 CL530 with what looks like to be a decent engine and very nice frame. The PO had an after market seat and this bike would be a 'boy racer' bike anyway so here goes.
Need and exhaust and front wheel for a 80% bike. Should be fun, I 'm not gonna restrict myself on this bike but would like to make it a budget bike and not have more than $750 in the whole thing when done, we'll see if the motor proves out to be sound first before making any major decisions. Follow along here...

kartgreen
10-24-2012, 04:33 AM
Lars , I'm sure you've found HondaTwins forum , lots of great info on their site. Good luck with your project , should be fun !

Larzfromarz
10-25-2012, 06:03 AM
Yep I've been there but will stay here for the bulk of what do. I have 'bromance" with you guys and found nobody nicer on the NET. I do rob the info but mostly post here. I see BTL lurking on other forums too. I'm also on Honda305.com and VJMC and VJMOG.

ByTheLake
01-10-2013, 01:27 AM
Larz, did you do anything with the 350 basket case project?

Larzfromarz
01-10-2013, 07:32 AM
Yes as a matter of fact. I'm learning from Spokes to challenge myself so my goal for this bike to build for less than (or as close to) $500. The engine has been torn down (very nice inside for a new cam chain and the rest of the bike is mostly complete parts wise. I t came with a cafe style seat pan and I'll trim some tabs remove the batter box etc. I'd expect the most expensive thing was the $150 for new Shinkos (same as the cost of the bike).
The project is on a short hold though. I decided to puke my shop into the front yard and move few things around and build some better storage (too many parts a gathering). And that has been put on hold while the wife recovers from the 10 day flu (nasty stuff i recommend staying away). Hopefully we'll spool back up in a day or two In which time I may acquire a new CA95 project too....