PDA

View Full Version : new to forum with questions

skip
08-25-2010, 10:45 AM
hi all, new to the board, just started in on a benly project and found this forum by way of chopcult.com forum. looks like a wealth of information to be read up on here. As for other bikes ,i have a '79 hardtailed sportster and a '71 hardtailed triumph t100r.

so, a friend gave me a benly a few years back that he had sitting for close to ten years. he new i loved bikes and he didnt want it any more. fast forward to now, a girlfriend who would like to learn to ride, me wanting to start on another project and its time to get this bike going.

first question i have...what year is this, im searching all over the place and cant find a vin decoder anywhere. ca95 4005556 (frame) ca95e 4005630(motor). any help would be appreciated, or a link to a decoder

also any links to a SERVICE manual pdf, found a parts manual on here. im going to pick one up but wont be able to for a few days and want to get a jump on the basics to get it started. thanks for any help.

Skip

Spokes
08-25-2010, 11:53 AM
The first three digits on the frame (CA95) and the first four digits on the engine (CA95e) indicate the model of the bike.

The first digit after the dash(-) CA95-4XXXXXX or CA95e-4XXXXXXis the year. So you have a 1964 Honda CA95

The engine number rarely matches the frame number exactly. But the engine number will be close. You engine is original on that frame.

Somewhere in this forum is the manual for the bike and maybe a copy of the owners manual.

Welcome Aboard!

skip
08-25-2010, 01:50 PM
thanks Spokes. its was driving crazy trying to find the year.

Sam Green
08-26-2010, 06:27 AM
Welcome Skip, you'll find everything you need to know in here.
There are just a few of us that are here most of the time, so if one don't answer your questions, it won't be long before someone will.
Good luck with your build, how about pics of the bike and where you are located, it sometimes helps when answering questions.

Sam.:)